"My Partner Is Worried That You Will take Sides"
- I am all about making relationships work, I am not an advocate for any one person in the relationship. I want to see both partners succeed to have what they want in the relationship.
"Why would I be a private pay patient instead of using my health insurance to cover the cost of therapy sessions?"
Many individuals prefer to pay privately:
- To ensure the content of their sessions remains confidential. Utilizing insurance coverage gives the insurance company the right to request copies of the therapist's records for review & scrutiny.
- To avoid having a mandatory mental health diagnosis in your record. The therapist MUST give you a diagnosis in order to comply with insurance company policies for reimbursement.
- To have control over your own care. You and the therapist determine the length, frequency and number of your sessions. Insurance companies dictate those terms for reimbursement.
- To obtain faster service because the therapist will not have to wait for insurance company authorization for your care.
"What about confidentiality and privacy?"
- I schedule sufficient space between sessions to allow patients to leave and arrive without passing. If privacy is a huge concern just let me know and we can take additional steps.
- I would NEVER discuss you with anyone else unless you signed a release permitting me to do so.